Recipe: Zucchini Fritters
- 1 large zucchini, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 eggs, beaten
- ½ C freshly grated Romano cheese
- 2 C all-purpose flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- ¼ C vegetable shortening or oil
- In a large bowl, mix together the zucchini, onion, garlic, eggs, Romano cheese, and flour. Season with salt, pepper, and parsley.
- Heat about 1 tablespoon of shortening/oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Drop 1/4 cupfuls of the batter into the skillet, and flatten slightly with the back of a spatula.
- Turn fritters over when the center appears dry. Cook on the other side until golden brown.
- Set aside and keep warm.
- Add more shortening to skillet as needed, and continue with remaining batter.
Microformatting by hRecipe.