Full-Time Seasonal Crew Positions & Farmer’s Market Positions
All 2017 crew positions are filled. Crossroads Community Farm is a certified organic vegetable farm offering several full-time seasonal crew positions for individuals willing to work hard on our 20-acre farm.
Each season we offer full-time seasonal field positions. Each field position has slightly different starting and end date (see below for more details) though the nature of the positions are generally the same. A field position at our farm involves hard work with your body, as you help us to seed, plant, weed, and harvest vegetables. Crew members work 40 hour weeks in the field, in every possible weather condition.
Components of Job
- Daily physical field work, including: greenhouse seeding, planting, row-covering, weeding, harvesting, washing, and packing
- Working outside in all weather conditions
- Frequent heavy lifting of 25-50 pounds
- Working with others in a crew, as well as supervising volunteers
- Taking and following verbal instruction.
- At least one full season on a vegetable farm or other farm experience
- Ability to appropriately balance speed and quality of work
- Excellent verbal communication skills and ability to follow directions
- Experience working with volunteers
Compensation: We believe in paying a living wage. Pay starts at Madison’s 2017 Living Wage Rate, which is $12.86/hour.
- Access to surplus organic produce
- Catered Tuesday crew lunch
- Work gear stipend
- Overtime paid for any hours over 80 in a bi-weekly period
- Season-end bonus
- Full Season: Average of 15hours/week from April-May with a ramp up to full-time by mid-May. Full-time work extends through October with decreasing hours into mid-November.
- Short Season Early: Full-time hours from mid-May through end of August.
- Short Season Late: Full-time or part-time hours from mid-June through end of September. Part-time hours might be a possibility.
- Farmer’s Market Assistant – This is a special position at our farmer’s market stand at the Westside Community Farmer’s Market. Help us sell our produce to the community. Saturdays from mid-April through October.
If interested (and qualified) in a position, please send your resume (.doc or .pdf) and a description of your seasonal availability to us via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you in January when we begin our hiring process.