Recipe: Vegetable Fried Rice
Keep this recipe around the whole season. It’s a good use of nearly any vegetable and almost everyone likes fried rice. You can be sure homemade is a lot healthier than take out.
- 1 T olive or canola oil
- 3 c chopped mixed vegetables such as bok choi, broccoli, peas, zucchini, peppers, carrots, chard, chinese cabbage, onions, tatsoi, scallions, corn, kale, broccoli raab, cabbage or kohlrabi
- 2 eggs
- 2 c cooked, cooled rice
- ¼ c soy sauce
- 1 t brown sugar
- 1 T worcestershire sauce
- 1 T sherry, if you have it
- Heat the oil in a large skillet.
- Add the vegetables and toss them around for a couple minutes.
- the eggs over the top of the vegetables but don’t stir right away.
- Let the eggs set up a bit before giving it another stir. Then spread the rice over the veggies and eggs.
- Again, let it cook another moment.
- Blend together the remaining ingredients and pour over the skillet.
- Stir to blend and finish cooking the egg.
- Season to taste with more soy sauce and pepper.
Microformatting by hRecipe.