Recipe: Twice Baked Potatoes with Cabbage and Onion
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 3 cups finely shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Crumbled bacon & shredded cheese (optional)
- Scrub potatoes and prick with a fork. Bake in a 400°F oven for 50 minutes or until nearly done.
- When potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut a neat oblong “lid” in the top of each one and scoop out the pulp from inside, leaving a thin shell of about 1/3 inch. Reserve pulp in bowl, saving lid separately.
- In small saucepan saute cabbage and chopped onion in olive oil and butter. When onion is lightly colored on edges, turn off heat and add garlic, herbs and seasonings.
- Mash the potato with the sour cream. Stir into the cabbage and onion mixture.
- Spoon pulp back into potato shells. You can top this with shredded cheese for a variation.
- Place potatoes in a shallow baking pan. Bake in a 425°F oven for 15 minutes. Place saved lid lightly on top and serve.
Microformatting by hRecipe.