Tips for searching:
- Searching for: hot pepper will return all results with the words hot AND pepper.
- Using quotes around the same words (i.e. "hot pepper" will return results with the phrase "hot pepper"
Recipe: Spinach and Zucchini Frittata
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese (low fat works great)
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp basil
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 zucchini cubed
- 1 cup spinach roughly chopped
- 1 onion diced
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- Whip your eggs until light in color. Add the garlic and ricotta cheese, combining gently so as not to deflate the eggs.
- Saute the onion and zucchini until soft but not browned. Add the spinach and spices stirring until the spinach is just wilted then pour on the egg and cheese mixture.
- On the stove top cook for another minute before transferring the pan to oven. Bake for another 10 minutes at 350 degrees or until firm and slightly brown on top. Just before placing the pan in the oven top the dish with the shredded Parmesan.
- Allow to cool for at least 5 minutes before cutting into wedges to serve.