Tips for searching:
- Searching for: hot pepper will return all results with the words hot AND pepper.
- Using quotes around the same words (i.e. "hot pepper" will return results with the phrase "hot pepper"
Recipe: Shaved Fennel and Apple Salad
- 2 medium fennel bulbs
- 2 Granny Smith apples , halved, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup thinly shaved Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil , plus additional for serving
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Remove fennel tops and reserve green, feathery fronds. Trim root ends; halve, core and thinly slice fennel bulbs, using a mandolin or very sharp knife. Chop 1 tablespoon fronds and set aside for garnish.
- In a large bowl, combine sliced fennel bulbs, apples, cheese, olive oil, parsley, lemon zest, salt and pepper; toss gently.
- To serve, arrange salad on a large, chilled serving plate. Drizzle with additional olive oil to taste, and sprinkle with reserved fennel fronds.