Recipe: Roasted Beet Pizza
Summary: ala Lombardinos Style
- 4 small beets, or three large beets
- 4 small onions
- Goat cheese or feta (as much as you desire to sprinkle over the pizza)
- 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- A sprinkling of fresh rosemary (about ¾ a tablespoon)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Roll out some pizza dough (well floured so as to avoid sticking) into a nice ten inch, flat surface. You may either purchase pre-made dough from the grocery store or hand-make it.
- Cut and peel three or four onions. Chop.
- Rinse the beets. Using a peeler or paring knife, remove the skin from the beets. Then chop the beet into thin, flat circles.
- Put the beets and the onions on a roasting pan. Add about 2 tablespoons of olive oil and a pinch of salt. Roast at 350 degrees for thirty minutes. If only using one oven, remove the beets after 30 minutes and increase the temperature to as high as your oven goes.
- Drizzle the flat, ready pizza dough with olive oil. Add the roasted beets and onions. Add Rosemary. Sprinkle cheese over.
- Put the pizza in the oven preferably on a pizza stone, or on a large baking pan. Cook at 425 degrees F or hotter if you want crispy crust. Keep an eye on the pizza depending on the strength of your oven, remove when crust is golden brown, between 10 and 20 minutes depending on temperature.
- When the crust looks golden, the cheese has melted and the juices are bouncing, remove the pan with the pizza.
Optional to add sautéed tatsoi or arugula on the pizza immediately after removing from the oven.
Microformatting by hRecipe.