Tips for searching:
- Searching for: hot pepper will return all results with the words hot AND pepper.
- Using quotes around the same words (i.e. "hot pepper" will return results with the phrase "hot pepper"
Recipe: Kohlrabi Fries from Local Thyme
- 1-3 Kohlrabi , peeled, sliced into french fry sized sticks
- 5-8 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper , to taste
- Heat a large skillet on medium high heat, and add olive oil. Roll the sliced kohlrabi in a cloth or paper towel to remove surface moisture. When oil shimmers in the pan, add enough kohlrabi so the sticks are in one layer, without touching. Fry until golden on one side, about 5 minutes, and then turn and continue cooking until golden on the other side. Remove with a slotted spoon onto a paper-towel lined dish, and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Keep in warming oven, while continuing to fry any additional batches.