Courtesy of The Great Dane Pub and Brewing Co.
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- ½ of a medium onion diced
- 4 tbsp minced garlic
- 4 tbsp minced ginger
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 16 oz tomato juice
- 10 oz canned tomato strips in juice
- 1-1 ½ pounds squash such as acorn or butternut, peeled and cubed into 2″ pieces
- ½ bunch of cilantro chopped
- ½ cup of peanut butter
- Optional hot peppers (as much as you like)
- Sauté onions, garlic, ginger, black pepper and squash in oil until they start to soften.
- Add tomato juice, tomato strips and salt.
- Simmer until the squash is tender. Add cilantro then peanut butter. Add hot peppers if using. Mix well.
- Simmer until a thick stew is formed.
- Serve over steamed rice and with a hearty dark bread.