Recipe: Disappearing Zucchini Orzo
- 3⁄4 lb pkg orzo pasta (multicolored is fun)
- 1 chopped onion (or several small onions)
- garlic to taste
- 3 large zucchini
- olive oil for sauté
- thyme to taste
- oregano to taste
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan or any hard yellow cheese
- Bring 6 cups water or chicken stock to a boil and add pasta. Cook 8 to 12 minutes
- Use a cheese grater or mandoline to shred zucchini, sauté briefly with chopped onion and garlic until lightly golden.
- Add spices to zucchini mixture, stir thoroughly, and then remove mixture from heat. Combine with cheese and cooked orzo, salt to taste, serve cool or at room temperature.
from Animal, Vegetable, Miracle
Microformatting by hRecipe.