Recipe: Curried Kohlrabi, Swiss Chard, Radish and Snap Pea Pilaf
Summary: A great recipe from Local Thyme, the CSA menu planning service!
- 1/3 cup Mango Chutney
- 2 1/2 cups Chicken or Vegetable Stock
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 cup Basmati Rice
- 2 tablespoons Curry Powder
- 1 15 ounce Chickpea , drained and rinsed
- 1 Kohlrabi , peeled and cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 1 bunch Radish , trimmed and quartered
- 1 bunch Swiss Chard , stems removed, leaves and stems chopped and kept separate
- 1 bunch Snap Pea , stems and strings removed, chopped in 1/2
- 1/2 cup Dried Currant
- Salt and Pepper
- Puree chutney and stock in a blender, set aside.
- Heat oil until shimmering in a large heavy saucepan over medium high heat. Stir in garlic, rice and curry powder, and cook, stirring about 3 minutes. Stir in chickpeas, kohlrabi, radishes and chard stems. Add in broth mixture and bring to the boil. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer until veggies are tender about 20 minutes. Stir in chard leaves, cover and cook 5 minutes longer until rice is cooked. Remove from heat, and leave covered for another 7 minutes. Stir in currants and snap peas, cover and let stand 3 minutes longer. Fluff with a fork and serve.
Microformatting by hRecipe.