Recipe: Coconut Curry
- Olive oil
- 1 yellow onion
- 4-6 smaller potatoes cubed
- 1 large gold beet, peeled and cubed.
- 2-3 medium carrots, julienned
- 1 bunch tatsoi (or 1 bag of spinach) chopped
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 1 14 oz can coconut milk
- 1-2 tblsp curry paste (red or green)
- 1-2 tblsp fish sauce or soy sauce
- 2 tblsp brown sugar or maple syrup
- Heat a pot with 3 inches of water in it to boiling. Boil the cubed potatoes and beets. Cook about 10 minutes to a point where they are cooked but still firm.
- Then saute onion in olive oil until translucent, add julienned carrots and the cooked potatoes and beets.
- Cook 2-3 minutes then add the chopped tatsoi and garlic.
- Pour in can of coconut milk and add the curry paste in desired amount.
- Add fish sauce or soy sauce and brown sugar or syrup, simmer for 10 minutes or so.
- Serve over rice.
- You can also add cooked shredded chicken or pork when you add the tatsoi.
Microformatting by hRecipe.